What are the main causes of motorcycle accidents? | The Martin Law Firm
Call for a Free consultation Spanish Services Available

What are the main causes of motorcycle accidents?

As a motorcycle rider in Texas, no matter how careful you are, you are still at risk of an accident. It is vital to stay alert at all times, but if you encounter a negligent driver, there may be nothing you can do to avoid the crash. Sadly, it is often the motorcyclist who comes off worse in these situations. We discussed in a previous article the life-changing and potentially fatal consequences of motorcycle accidents, but what tends to cause these accidents?

According to statistics, up to 80 percent of crashes involving motorcycles resulted in a fatality or significant morbidity. Furthermore, in the cases where a second vehicle was involved, only 2 percent of the fatalities were occupants of passenger vehicles. The other 98 percent were riders of motorcycles.

Visibility is an important factor. According to this article, two-thirds of car drivers claimed they either spotted the motorcycle too late for a collision to be evaded or that they did not see it at all. Inexperienced riding and insufficient training are also thought to contribute to the risk of having an accident.

Of course, there are any number of factors that could cause an accident to happen. Driver fatigue, poor weather conditions, distractions or even vehicle failure can come into play. Sadly, the outcome is often the same. Motorcyclists are greatly exposed to the dangers of the road and can easily suffer serious injuries.

If you find yourself in this position, you may wonder what to do next. Of course, medical attention may be the first thing on your mind. However, after that you might think about seeking compensation for your injuries. An attorney could advise you about the options available and help you to choose a course of action that fits your circumstances.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Get A Free Consultation With Attorney Gregg Martin

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

The Martin Law Firm
3934 Cypress Creek Parkway
Suite 345
(FM 1960)
Houston, TX 77068

Phone: 281-893-0777
Fax: 281-880-8785
Map & Directions

A Reputation For Excellence